If your DataStage takes time to terminate/ you experience delays in the termination of an a job when it is run – you need to clear out &PH& directory
This happens when you don’t clean &PH& periodically.
The &PH& directory contains information about active stages that is used for diagnostic purposes
To clear the directory:
- Ensure that there are no jobs running anywhere on the system
- Alternatively – you can clear project wise – if it is a shared server
- Open the Administrator client, go to the Projects page, select the project whose file you want to clear, and click Command.
- In the Command Interface window, type the following command:CLEAR.FILE &PH&
- Click Execute to run the command and clear the file.