Getting errors when using ‘Test’ or ‘View Data’ in ODBC Common Connector (note same problem with other CC as well) and don’t face problems with Run time? Also cannot use Connector Import Wizard, as it produces a blank Connector selection list in DataStage 8.5 and 8.1 and not in 8.7?
yes, these are the most common problems developers might face with connectors and few are below
- Browse data using any CC.
- Use Test button to validate connection details for CC
You need to uninstall and reinstall connectors
Before uninstalling, copy the installation jar from
/Server/StagingArea/Installed/ODBCConnector/CC_ODBC_*_installation.jar to a safe location.
1) Source dsenv — for Unix installations only
2) Run dscompinst -username user -password pwd -remove
1) Source dsenv
2) Run dscompinst -username user -password pwd -skipstagecheck
-install -force <saved_jar_location>/CC_ODBC_*_installation.jar
For other connectors such as DB2, Oracle, MQ and Teradata – Please use Stage names as below
The connector name to use in the uninstall and reinstall command
Alternatively – this can be fixed by IBM patch( Please connect to IBM InfoSphere Information Server Support for patch_JR38573_client_windows_8500.zip)